Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Quilt time again

As you can see by my posts one of the things I love to do is quilt. I haven't made very many about 11 total with 3 more in the works as they say.

2 were started last week during the classes I took. It's funny, I'd never taken a class before and then all of a sudden I have 2 in one week. Go figure.

The first class I have talked about before, it was for the Road to Dixie quilt. We learned a really neat technique for making 1/2 square triangles. I had the most marvelous time. I can't wait to finish this quilt. I really love the design and fabric.

The second class was in Rochester and I went with my sister-in-law, Michelle. It was a spure of the moment thing. Michelle just called me up and asked if I wanted to take an applique class with Kim Diehl and I jumped at the chance. For those of you who don't know Kim's work she is a well know quilt author and applique quilt maker.

I've really wanted to learn machine applique for sometime. I'm participating in a block of the month and my near by quilt shop and is has several applique blocks in it. I really like this quilt and would like to start and actually finish it. I've tried to teach myself with a book I had purchased and had attempted practice blocks. Neither of them turned out very well.

Fortunately for me there is more than one way to do applique. Kim's way seemed really easy for me and I really enjoyed what I was doing. Also a little feedback from the teacher on your progress can really help. Now I feel confident with the technique to finish the project from the class which should really hone my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment